Monday, March 26, 2012

Linguini and Clam Sauce + Hobo Garlic Bread

Linguini and Clam Sauce
and a side of Hobo Garlic Bread
 
Here is another great, quick meal perfect for the Lenten Season! This is another recipe you can have on hand at any time and is a common "Go to" when I need a quick yummy dinner. I even cook it in 1 pot which I love. Plus my Hobo Garlic Bread can be made from anything! Let's start with the main course.

1 can of minced (or whole) clams- do not drain!
1 stick of butter
2 Tblsp. Oregano
1 Tblsp. Garlic powder
2 Tblsp. Parmesan cheese
Linguini noodles (I use a little more then half a box)

In a medium or large pan boil your water and make your noodles. Drain your noodles and return to pot. Add 1 stick of butter immediately or your noodles will start to stick together. Next the clams, you can find them at your local grocer by the canned tuna. Add the can of clams juice and all. Then add all of your spices and feel free to adjust the amounts to taste. Depending on how fast your butter is melting you can turn the heat on low and help it along. Once all is mixed you are done! Wasn't that easy???

Now for my Hobo Garlic Bread! This little invention was made by a college girl living in her little apartment and having no need for a huge loaf of garlic bread. You can take any kind of bread, hot dog buns, hamburger buns (pictured), English muffins or regular sliced bread. I go back and forth on if I add mozzarella cheese or not. It just depends on if I have it in the fridge or not. I take my bread, put it in the toaster and cook it as I would a piece for breakfast. I then butter it, sprinkle garlic powder, a tad of salt, and Parmesan cheese. If I want to add the mozzarella I skip the Parm and add the mozzarella and then pop it into the toaster oven or big oven on broil until the cheese is melted. Be sure you watch it!! Then serve with your meal :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment