Monday, March 5, 2012

Just have to say....But really want to scream!

So part of this little adventure has been a New Years resolution to really start pushing away from my old recipes and get some new ones along with using new methods or techniques.  I mean, I watch all these cooking shows, take an idea or two and then maybe use it. But why don't I try to fry salmon with the skin on perfectly since I have seen the "pro"chefs get ragged on about it how many times?? And you know what?? Guess what I made yesterday and hit it so perfectly that my 2 year old was eating it?? Yeah, salmon, with the skin on, so crispy, yet the fish was so juicy... I mean I cannot wait to make it again!! My husband even had to tell me to shut my mouth cause he wanted to eat it, not talk about it hahahaha... Sometimes I forget how much I love cooking and I really felt as though I lost some of my energy to cook. But now that I am really trying new things and just kind of doing my own thing I feel so empowered. I think part of it has been that instead of asking what I should cook for dinner, I am just making it. That also includes for what I make for my 2 year old. Somewhere down the line my little girl who would eat homemade kale baby food quit eating everything. Now she all of a sudden is into eating salads and finally will eat rice and potatoes so maybe this is a good reinforcement for me too.

I guess all I can say is that I am SOOO excited to keep cooking. I am always going to be open to inspiration and maybe, just maybe, one day I will find enough time for myself to take a real cooking class!

No comments:

Post a Comment